When I design, my brain is everywhere, so I often end up trying several different things at once. I "dummied" up "people" to see how it would look. Kinda hard to see... I also tried adding more weight to the bottom part of the course, so that the eye ended there, rather than the top. It of course also helped emphasize direction. Slowly, I'm starting to play with color as well. Most would probably wait until they were further along, but from doing the volunteer shirt the year before, I learned that color takes a lot of trial and error, and for this particular project it is better to get thinking about it!