The Jug Bridge was completed in 1808 in Frederick, Maryland to carry the Baltimore-Frederick turnpike across the Monocacy River. The bridge was named for the Demijohn-shaped monument that stood on east abutment. The bridge partially collapsed in the 1940s and two bridges have been built since, only one is still in use. The monument has been moved several times and now rests in a park between I70, East Patrick Street and MD-144 about a mile from its original location.
the newer bridges