Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange
located in Saint Petersburg, Russia is the main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island. The building is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. The stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose.
Sculpture «Neva» at the base of the Rostral column
*Скульптура «Нева» у основания Ростральной колонны*
Swiss architect Thomas de Thomon designed these columns, which were erected between 1805 and 1810 in honor of the Russian fleet. The monument takes its name from the Latin rostrum, meaning "prow.» Sculptures at the base depict Russia's main waterways, the Dnieper, Volga, Volkhov, and Neva rivers.
Sculptures of winged lions
*Грифоны на Банковском мосту*
Bank Bridge (Russian: Bankovsky most, Банковский мост) is a 25-m-long pedestrian bridge crossing the Griboedov Canalnear the former Assignation Bank in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Like other bridges across the canal, the existing structure dates from 1826. The special popularity of the bridge was gained through angular sculptures of four winged lions crowning the abutments. They were designed by sculptor Pavel Sokolov (1764-1835), who also contributed lions for Bridge of Lions and sphinxes for Egyptian Bridge.
Mascaron (fr. Mascaron, Italian. Mascherone) is a type of the sculptural decoration of the building in the form of a human or animal full face head. Mascarons unlike frightening gargoyles can also wear a comic, a neutral or a romantic look. As a rule, mascarons are placed in a prominent location in the arches, above the window or doorway. In Russia mascarons appear at the beginning of the Petrine Baroque architecture of the XVIII century.