neigh·bor·hood [ney-ber-hood] noun
1. the area or region around or near someplace or thing; vicinity: the kids of the neighborhood; located in the neighborhood of Jackson and Vine streets.
2. a district or locality, often with reference to its character or inhabitants: a fashionable neighborhood; to move to a nicer neighborhood.
3. a number of persons living near one another or in a particular locality: The whole neighborhood was there.
4. neighborly feeling or conduct.
5. nearness; proximity: to sense the neighborhood of trouble.