The project’s brief was the design of a shelter that would be used by people, who need to rest or find some information in case they are tired, drunk or robbed. In case of emergency, these people could take shelter to this “White Hole”
The original inspiration was influenced by the architecture of Cyclades. The external surface would have plaster texture and one of the two spheres, of which the shelter would be consisted, would be covered by light blue dome. The whole design is based on curves, arcs and spheres, because these schemes create a climate of rest, familiarity, protection and safety. The Shelter is going to offer a satisfying series of faculties for each user such as:
- Map of the town in which the shelter is located
- Two drawers with first aid’s items and a blanket
- A relaxing arm-chair for rest
- A touch screen P.C. and a printer for printing useful information
- A water cooler
- A foodstuffs’ slot machine.