1. Setup. Places turned face down in a grid pattern, Motivator cards are turned face down, Resource cards are turned face down.
2. Throw 2 dice.
3. Number of total determines Character(s) (which are all numbered 2-12).
5. Activity: Determine Goal of Character(s) based on Motivator and secure post-it to ‘Goal’ Card.
6. Pick 3 x Resources blindly.
7. Choose starting point on face down place matt (anywhere on outer perimeter).
8. Roll 1 x dice and move steps (along corners only).
9. After everyone’s Characters have taken their first move, reveal three Places of your Character’s journey based on where you’ve landed.
10. Activity: Together imagine Guest’s journey based on: 3 surrounding Places, Resources, Character(s), and identified Goal.
11. Activity: Discuss Opportunities & Challenges.
12. Vote on best Opportunity (within the team or against other teams).
Alternative Play Mode
If a team has a particular Resource (for example a technology) in mind they can choose it and pick 2 others randomly.