• Add to Collection
  • Tools Used
  • About

    About

    Web site redesign and development with a little mobile design on side. The Brantford Public Library redesign was a large undertaking. Visible Me… Read More
    Web site redesign and development with a little mobile design on side. The Brantford Public Library redesign was a large undertaking. Visible Media brought me onboard for this project. I had worked on the previous version of the site for years so I had some ideas about how to improve the design and usability. We worked to disect the design brief and meet with library staff to discuss their needs. We then researched accessibility standards, proposed deliverables, planned the project, and estimated the workload. I provided the site architecture and wireframes and handed them off to VM to add the polish and refine the style. Meanwhile, I built the site using ExpressionEngine 2 CMS, customized the client admin control panel, and started coding the templates using HTML5 and LESS (supporting IE6+). I also migrated the calendar events from Google Calendar to the CMS and further customized the templates and functionality. I then manually ported each of the existing static html pages and images into the new CMS templates and structure. Read Less
    Published:
BPL Mobile App
 
The project also required updating the Library's existing mobile app design.
Wireframes
 
I used OmniGraffle for the wireframes and started with a fair bit of detail. After each page I really started to feel where the design was headed so more detail, fonts and colour were added. These wireframes began to look a lot like mockups.