A new opentype font family of 32 styles, 471 glyphs, 12 Opentype features, diacritics for 76 latin based languages, .otf and webfont versions.
It looks rational and geometric. However, it is optically corrected and balanced.
This font face is designed to be used mostly for headlines, visual identities or short sentences, both in big and small sizes. Lighter faces provide a more contemporary and design look&feel, while the bolder ones definitely look retro.
Novecento family was kerned with love and patience; each font has between 1030 and 1090 kerning pairs.
Novecento is available both in opentype format (.otf) and as a webfont (@fontface).
Underline and strikethrough height and vertical posi-tions are expressely encoded in each Novecento fam-ily’s font to match its weight.
• stylistic sets from 1 to 5 and zero feature provide alternate characters for letters Q N I J Y and slashed zero. Each of them can be set individually in Indesign. In applications without stylistic sets handling, these alternate glyphs are still accessible by the stylistic alternates feature;
• tabular figures: different weighs are designed to correctly align together. Monetary symbols and special % included;
• features for fractions, numerators, denominators and superiors generation;
• localized accents for Romanian and Polish (kreska replaces acute accent);
• the last but not the least: colon (:) and semi colon (;) can align to the baseline or to the cap-Height middle point, selecting all-caps.
And don’t forget to “appreciate” this page :)