social, ecological and economicconsequences of the company’s activities, reports on these consequence
and constructively engages with stakeholders”
UN GlobalCompact 10 universallyaccepted principles in 4 different areas
· Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protectionof internationally proclaimed human rights; and
· Principle2: make sure that they are notcomplicit in human rights abuses.
· Principle3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effectiverecognition of the right to collective bargaining;
· Principle4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
· Principle5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
· Principle6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment andoccupation.
· Principle7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmentalchallenges;
· Principle8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
· Principle9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendlytechnologies.
· Principle10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, includingextortion and bribery