Iteration 1: Not the best way to display the information. I pushed myself to make it more visual.
Iteration 2: My first stab at displaying the information visually, and adding a call to action at the bottom.
Iteration 3: Moving more toward my final design, I improved the hierarchy and placement of elements on the page and made small visual tweaks.
Iteration 4: I struggled with what the 'Catch Up' button should do. I tried separating the indication of actually catching up with the button, which simply initiated contact. I also played with adding more color.
Iteration 5: Based on feedback, I made the color more bold to improve contrast on the screen. I made the button at the bottom look more like a button, and solidified my design decision that the button would initiate a text with the friend, but not mark that the user had caught up with that friend. I also added the micro-text at the bottom to help guide the user.
Iteration 6 (not shown above): I refined the visual language and hierarchy of the page. Based on usability testing I made several significant changes including replacing the graph in the middle with a slider control.