Coverdesign by papercutting
In the beginning I made a layout of the text in the font Sun, printed it out and started cutting the positive form.
It was interesting to see how light played with the paper, by folding it I could create some shades on the lower part of the cutted piece. Although I wasn't that pleased as the paper was to thin and some letters were like floating around.
So I started working on some stronger paper with the negative form and it felt immediately more comfortable.
The evening sunlight surprised me and made my simple cutting more special.
With some extra Photoshop glitter I brought more tragic shadow and I did some retouching. Little sticky pieces that lifted the paper were noticed and couldn't stay there in the final design. I cleaned up the whole thing and could start playing with the layout.
The final design
Coverdesign by papercutting
6
109
0
Published:

Coverdesign by papercutting

For the Academy of Deurne (Antwerp) I designed the annual folder/ program for next year. I was in search of a simple but eyecatching cover and by Read More
6
109
0
Published:
Copyright Info

Attribution, Non-commercial

Read More