Fatsumo is a Hong Kong based company which offers a range of services in the architecture industry. Services included building information modelling, computer generated imagery and many more.
My role was to help redesign their website from their outdated webstite. I worked with another UI / UX designer
to come up with a new design which offers a great user experience and to express their personalities.
1.Moodboard / Brainstorm / Research to come up with ideas which focused on
- how to express the company’s young and energetic style.
- to have a recruitment section
- to be more engage with potential clients
- simple navigation
- a clean design to enable users to focus on their work
- be able to assess the website from any mobile and tablet devices.
2. Basic wireframes / Flow map
To work out a better user experience and have a overview of the site’s features on desktop and mobile devices.
3. Hi-fi wireframes
4. Develop working prototypes
Developed with modern web technologies such as HTML5/ CSS3/JQUERY
My responsibilities include producing a working static website ready for wordpress theme conversion and
to have a responsive capability. I focused on the structure of the markup and css styles optimization such as
reuse css classes to reduce css usage and simple and semitic markups.
5. Responsive Design
How the website look on different devices was one of the most important part of this website. In order for users to assess the website from any screen size of mobile devices, user testing on multiple mobile devices was a vital step.
5. User testing and refine design
Getting feedback from user testing and refine design and code.
6. Export static website to a wordpress developers
Liaise with client and wordpress developer to make final adjustments.