What happened after that was the final rendered animation of the head made with several passes. Put through Nuke to composite and animate everything.
I discovered the background had to have some perspective. Unfortunately I did not take a photo of just the background by itself. I had to cut out the image into three parts (foreground, background and a middle area in between) and using the clone tool, fill in the gaps made in the images so I could move the camera around the scene a bit more freely.
I really wanted to keep this project in Nuke, but I could not add any audio tracks to the video. I had to take it to After Effects, add the audio there and do some final touches.