The Motor City Kids model club is a place where kids ages 8-16 can come to learn how to build plastic models.
My father, Robert Blevins, founded the club in 2008 with the goals of:
• Providing access to an entertaining and fun hobby to all children, regardless of financial background.
• Teaching kids how to follow directions in order to build a project with their own two hands.
• Helping kids develop fine motor skills by handling small parts.
• Increasing a child’s patience through the model building process.
• Sparking an interest in historical backgrounds of their modeling subjects.
• Developing social skills by working and speaking with other children and adults.
• Increasing a child’s imagination and creativity.
Since then, the club has grown exponentially, and is now officially a local Junior Modelers chapter of IPMS (International Plastic Modeler’s Society) USA.
This free event is hosted every Saturday morning October through March at the Nankin Hobby store in Farmington, Michigan. For more information, visit ipmsmotorcitykids.com.
Project deliverables: Logo Design, Responsive Wordpress Website