user's avatar
Chanticleer Garden, Wayne, Pennsylvania
Photos courtesy of Robert B Butler
Chanticleer Garden
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Chanticleer Garden is a forty-eight-acre botanical garden built on the grounds of the Rosengarten estate at 786 Church Road in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Located on Philadelphia's historic Main Line, Chanticleer opened to the public in 1993 for relaxation, walking, and picnics. Visitors are welcome to tour the estate from April through October. The house and grounds were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. 

The estate was built in 1912 as a summer cottage for Christine Penrose and Adolph G. Rosengarten Sr., the latter of whom was the head of Rosengarten & Sons, a Philadelphia pharmaceutical manufacturer founded in 1822 and later merged with Merck & Co in 1927. Upon inheriting the estate, their son, Adolph G. Rosengarten Jr. established a foundation to ensure that Chanticleer would be developed as a public garden.
Photos courtesy of Robert B Butler
Chanticleer Garden, Wayne, Pennsylvania
1
8
0
Published:
user's avatar
Robert B Butler

Chanticleer Garden, Wayne, Pennsylvania

1
8
0
Published: