- Here's A Weird Box is the product of Kevin Chao and Johnny Lee's exploration in alternative therapies for their senior thesis work. The idea evolved from a general interest in developing solutions for social issues and took the form of an exhibition that serves as a social experiment investigating the efficiency of light and sound as therapy. The intention of the box is to create an unconventional therapeutic space that removes the negative connotations of seeking formal therapy, while also creating an experience that is affordable to the general public.
The box will anonymously collect user data that can reveal trends on specific light and sound frequencies' effect on mood, ultimately allowing people to find settings that can be used to help alleviate situational feelings of negativity on a regular basis.
- THESIS POSTER
- COLOR CHANGING NOTEPAD POSTEREach piece of paper is a unique inviatation to the event
- PLEXI INVITATIONS
Mailed out to several NYC design studios
- INFORMATIONAL PAMPHLETRecords each user-experience code
- BOX CONSTRUCTION
- WEBSITE DESIGNConsisting of a survey, as well as a documentation of data compiled by the users
- OPENING RECEPTION PHOTOGRAPHY
- THE DESIGNERS