Welcome to Compact Gamer!
Welcome to Compact Gamer! Tired of aching bones and joints after a hardcore gaming session? No where to keep a large, pricey gaming chair? Look no further!
Compact Gamer was built with two main concerns in mind: Comfort and the ability to save space. Gaming for long hours, without proper ergonomic support, can often lead to severe pain and discomfort in one's body. Compact Gamer was designed to fit the natural curvature of the human spine, while also supporting a straight position for the neck. Professionally manufactured gaming chairs are often bulky and take up a great deal of space, which is something a lot of college students do not have to spare. Because of Compact Gamer’s flat pack design, it can easily be disassembled and tucked away as simply a pile of wood. When ready to play, simply click the pieces together and place the cushions!
Characteristics of User
1. Plays video games for at least thirty minutes a day.
2. Does not own a professionally manufactured gaming chair.
3. Finds that gaming leads to poor posture/pain in specific areas of the body.
4. Does not have room for a (typically large) gaming chair.
1. Where do you sit whilst playing video games?
2. Do you find that any specific sitting positions are more comfortable or uncomfortable?
3. How many minutes/hours a day do you spend gaming?
4. Do you not own a gaming chair due to a lack of space in your living situation?
The chair was more comfortable with shorter people.
Cushions on the bottom were a good thickness, but the back needed a bit more for maximum comfort.
Shape of the chair was comfortable for all user’s backs, but taller users did not enjoy as much neck comfort.
Space Saving/Assembly & Disassembly
All users were able to easily disassemble the chair.
All users found the chair easy to assemble.
Support pieces on the side components made storage a bit odd for those pieces in particular, but middle slats were stored using minimal space.