Create a physical book using an alternative technique based on an excerpt from a piece of writing.
The result is a hardcover hand-sewn book printed fully in cyanotype (even the cover).
Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius from Jorge Luis Borges depicts an alternate reality created by successive authors. The goal was to represent it visually in the use of maps and explorative representations of space, while using cyanotype printing to render a book that looks out of this world.
Text from Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius, Jorge Luis Borges.
1. Create the image materials (object pictures) and gather images for the layout.
2. Photoshop them in order to make them fit the visual footprint of the book.
3. Create the layout of the book in InDesign.
4. Print the negatives on a clear material.
5. Print with cyanotype on sheets of paper.
5. Cut, fold and bind the book together with the hardcover.