Hey everyone! I’m James, Animation Director here on the Adobe Aero team, and today I am excited about sharing a new tutorial series with you.
We will be creating an “AR card” together using Adobe Aero ... Right in time for that holiday idea you have been thinking about sharing (#AdobeAero). As you will see, AR cards are totally better than a traditional paper card. Why? Because the recipient can view the experience right in front of them wherever they are, and actually interact with all those elements through their mobile device. It’s a pop-up card that comes to life in their own personal living space! I mean, how fun, cool and memorable is that?
We are going to build this AR card together using the whole Aero app system. We will start on Aero desktop to really dial in the layout and interactive moments. Along the way, I’ll be showing you how powerful it is to use the mobile app to preview and continue improving the scene live. Adjusting on mobile allows us to really finetune the experience and get it just perfect for when you share it out with the world.
Here is what we will be cover:
- Installing and getting started
- Basic scene layout
- Adding interactive moments
- Working with proximity triggers
- Adding audio and animated gifs
- Anchoring the experience to a physical card
- Sharing AR as a link, a QR code or a video
- And a ton more!
I just have to let you know that this tutorial series was captured on an older version of Aero. Which means your UI might look slightly different than what I am showing you. But, as Bobby McFerrin elegantly states, "Don't worry, be happy". The version you are using is much better and you can still totally follow along. Exciting stuff! Now, we have a ton to cover so let’s roll up or create sleeves, open up Aero and let’s dive in!
1) Installing Adobe Aero, because we have to start somewhere
2) Getting started with your AR scene
3) Setting the stage for your experience
4) Crafting the scene around the stage #HappyTrees
5) Mastering the hide and show technique
6) Getting close cozy with proximity triggers
7) Adding 3D audio and GIFS in Aero
8) Sharing your cARd with the world
9) BONUS CHAPTER: Image anchors will blow your mind