Branding and Web Designer & Educator
After graduating from York/Sheridan’s bachelor of design program, I worked at various design jobs - from interning at a luxury wedding magazine, to working at a busy marketing agency, to a boutique design studio, and a small advertising firm. I’ve worked with a variety of clients and industries.
I started doing freelance graphic design in 2014 and eventually started my own company in 2018 teaching calligraphy, creating custom wedding invitations, meaningful branding and websites for small businesses. My work has been published in various magazines including Wedding Bells, Today’s Bride and WedLuxe.
WHY YOU CHOSE THE PROGRAM?
I chose to teach Typography and Design because I am passionate about helping others, all things type, branding, business and design related. I love sharing my knowledge, experience and expertise with others and watching them learn and grow from it.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GOALS
- Lead and inspire my students to grow in their design abilities so that they have the tools and confidence to succeed in the real world of design.
- Grow my business to bring on more team members so that I can help more people with their design needs
- Start a YouTube channel focused on design
- Revive my podcast about entrepreneurship
1. I am currently learning how to speak Italian, specifically Sicilian, so that my cousins and I can travel to our grandparents home town and speak their native language.
2. I have a long haired dachshund (weiner dog) named Winnie!
3. I love hiking, biking, walking, snow shoeing, getting outside in nature.
4. I love working with small businesses to craft unique and impactful branding that will help them grow and flourish.
5. I love plants and have many that I have grown and propagated