The look is clean, minimalist and organized but with a fun and feminine twist, making the identity of the site very unique and original, to match the author's personality (me!).
A clean and dynamic image slider was added to the home page of both the Portuguese and the English subdirectories to show the latest content. Many custom text configurations were added to make each slide unique and fit to each post it shows and also very easy to edit.
A clean and light weight social media stream was added to the main page of the site, as well as to the contact page to integrate the website with the two tumblr blogs that complete the music and the literature area. (themusicgiant.tumblr.com & thebookgiant.tumblr.com/)
A newsletter system was added to the site, structured in one newsletter for the whole content of the website and two others for each main category in both "language" sites. Many custom opt-in forms were designed for a more fun look. You can see them at the bottom of every post as well as on the home page and main page of each category of the site.
- #ff9900 (the "giant orange")
- #c7cb10 (the "music green")
- #bd74c8 (the "literature lavender")
- Wire One 400 (for titles in general)
- Source Sans Pro (for all the text and large content)
- Lilly Script (for accents of a more feminine and fluid font, to break down the sobriety of Wire One and the solid colors)
I used Photoshop CS5, Headway, Wordpress.org and some plugins to organize the website and make everything work as I wanted it to.