Heligoland is located 46 kilometres (29 mi) off the German coastline and consists of two islands: the populated triangular 1 km2 (0.4 sq mi) main island (Hauptinsel) to the west, and the Düne to the east.
The main island is commonly divided into the Unterland at sea level, the Oberland consisting of the plateau visible in the photographs and the Mittelland between them on one side of the island. The Mittelland came into being in 1947 as a result of explosions detonated by the British Royal Navy.
There are very few cars on Heligoland. There is a special section in the German traffic regulations prohibiting the use of automobiles and bicycles on the island. No other region in Germany has any exceptions to the general regulations in the StVO, although other North Sea islands, such as Baltrum, have also banned the public from using cars and motor-bikes. Except for the local ambulance van and the small firetrucks the only powered vehicles on the island are electrically powered, used primarily for moving material.Kick scooters are sometimes used as substitutes for bicycles. The area received its first police car on 17 January 2006. Until then the island's policemen moved around on foot and by bicycle (being exempt from the bicycle ban).
Text information from Wikepedia
Now you have read enough