- 100 BPM
Hundred Beats per Minute.
- 100BPM helps to save lives by greatly increasing the success rate of administering Compression-Only CPR to an adult after a cardiac arrest. 100BPM gives the rescuer tangible feedback through sound and light, for the two most important factors for success of the procedure: compression depth and frequency of the compression.
- Many bystanders of a cardiac arrest fail to attempt to give CPR, because they are unsure of how to do it properly, or they are scared of causing more harm to the patient. 100BPM guides the bystander through administering Compression-Only CPR, which is a simplified resuscitation procedure involving only chest compressions, and no mouth breaths. Performing the chest compressions to the right depth and at the right frequency is vital for the success of the procedure.
- 100BPM is a lightweight, portable and compact solution, comprising of a comfortable central silicone coated pad (housing the main electronic components), through which the compressions are given. This pad sits on a larger fabric base, interwoven with LED’s. The bystander is able to place the product quickly and easily on the chest, by way of the suggestive neckline, and alignment icons, which help to locate the pad over the heart. Flexible material either side of the pad ensures that the product can be used on a variety of adult chest sizes.
- Feedback for the depth of the chest compressions is conveyed through light in anintuitive and clear way. The product uses the surface area surrounding therescuer’s hands as an interface space, which is always easily visible when inuse. Rows of LED’s form a depth scale around the hands and illuminate in yellow (for too shallow), green (for correct depth) or red (for too deep). A 100BPM beat guides the rescuer to achieve the correct compression frequency.
- 100BPM also considers the stress and emotional stages the rescuer experiences overtime. Instructional voice commands are given to help guide the user as they learn the correct technique. The product regularly updates the rescuer of theamount of time that has passed, and gives them motivational messages to keep going, and save a life.
- Making of :From our research to user testing and final presentation.