Identify seasonal color standards and directions based on collaboration with Footwear Design Director and through global trend research from tradeshows, exhibitions, retailers, print and web.
Determine direction for color usage on all footwear. Color direction must align with other ABM’s (activity based models), based on constant communication with apparel and hardgoods teams.
Responsible for management of physical color pallets: Duties to include management of pantone books, conversion of apparel color standards to pantone standards, and creation of pantone color chip palettes for design and PLM teams.
Responsible for SMU (special make up) program coloration. Duties to includes coordinating timelines with SMU development manager for colored cad delivery.
Primary liaison with all ABM’s for color alignment and any keep footwear team apprised of color changes through PLM process.
Maintain color reference library for footwear. Materials to include, leathers, meshes, EVA and Rubber color standards.
Support Design Director and Category Director in creating color/ theme / trend related presentation materials for meetings, presentations, sales materials and trade shows.
Responsible for the majority of color cads for new and carry over colorways.
• Excellent color / print sense
• Strong ability to differentiate color and accurately and consistently describe color differences.
• Capable of making sound judgments on color deviations while providing the footwear team advice on how to achieve required colors for textile and leather goods.
• Independent, resourceful and able communicate effectively with Sales Team, Retailers, and external Development Team
• Sound organizational and administrative skills
• Exhibit effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work and interact with others
• Ability to work independently
• Computer experience to include: Adobe Illustrator /Adobe PhotoShop on Mac platform
San Francisco, California, United States
Taught character design, retail illustration and storybook to illustration students
- July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States