• Researching concept ideations
• Creating new product and brand concepts based on research findings.
• Leading design team to complete projects within the time frame set out.
• Leading design team in branding and marketing research and strategies.
• Managing timelines, workflow, and deadlines for design department.
• Utilising Solidworks CAD, and Adobe suite to create 3d and 2d designs.
• Creating sales catalogues and design reports using Adobe InDesign.
• Creating representational 3d product models utilizing 3d printers.
• Founder, and owner of HuKuboards.
• Created, and designer the HuKu brand.
• Designer and maker of products for sale into the surf, skate, and fitness industry.
• Created marketing strategies to create brand awareness of HuKu within its target market.
• Sponsorship of notable Irish surfers, and organising skate competitions throughout Ireland.
• Designed a manufacturing line, to implement high efficiency turn out of stock.
• Utilized CNC technology, and laser cutting technology in production of Hukuboard products.
• Throughout my time running Hukuboards, I created an Irish brand that entered the Irish surf industry and proceeded to overtake the market leader in the balance board sector. HuKuboards peaked at being stocked in 22 shops nationwide, as well as having a successful online sales record, reaching throughout Ireland and the UK, as well as throughout Europe and the Americas.
- May 2017
Main Designer within the company where I designed spaces, products and graphics for various clients
- March 2019
Product Design Intern
• Design intern to the owner, and head designer, Simon Dennehy.
• Researching product concepts, and carrying out secondary research.
• Design and creation of sales catalogues utilising Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator.
• Carried out logo and brand identity concept design for Perch product range.
• Created 3d representational models based on sketched designs.
• Utilising of 3d CAD to create 3d digital models of concepts.
- September 2013
Cabinet maker, furniture maker
Cabinet Maker, Furniture Maker
• Creating bespoke kitchens and bedroom units from 2d drawings provided by management.
• Maker of bespoke pieces of furniture based on client and management drawings.
• Finisher of furniture pieces using spraying techniques.
• Managing timelines for furniture manufacturing.
• Training of junior Apprentices, and interns in the early stages of their apprenticeships.
- July 2008