I was born in São Paulo in 1976 and graduate of 2000 from Mackenzie University in the Architecture and Urbanism program. Live and work in São Paulo with a focus in architectural projects and product design. Past experience includes a Personal Study program with plastics artist Silvio Dworecki from 1994 to 1997… Read More
I was born in São Paulo in 1976 and graduate of 2000 from Mackenzie University in the Architecture and Urbanism program. Live and work in São Paulo with a focus in architectural projects and product design. Past experience includes a Personal Study program with plastics artist Silvio Dworecki from 1994 to 1997; in 1998, participation in the course “Construção do Objeto” (Construction of the Object) at MuBe, the Brasilian Museum of Sculpture, with the designers Fernando and Humberto Campana from 1999 to 2000; Sculpture workshop at FAAP, with the artist Nicolas Vlavianos in 2005 and in the lighting workshop at SENAC, with the german designer Tobias Reischle (co-work of Ingo Maurer) in 2005.
Gave workshops in conjunction with notechdesign group in Brazil and in Rome, Italy.
In 2004 was selected along with eight other designers from around the world to participate in the workshop “Il vetro temperado per la casa e la ristorazione” at the glass studio of Bormioli Rocco, in Fidenza, Italy.
In 2006, was invited to participate at the exhibition ‘Wallpaper Global Edit’, by Wallpaper magazine, at Armani’s Theater, in Milan, during the I Salone del Mobile.
In 2008 was invited to be part of the jury of the 22˚Design Prize of Museu da Casa Brasileira(Museum of the Brazilian House), at São Paulo, Brazil.
In 2010 gave conference and take part on an exhibition at the event BoomSpDesign, in São Paulo and São José do Rio Preto.
In 2012 entered on the Firma Casa Gallery`s design collection.
In 2013 was invited to exhibit at M.A.D.E. art and design fair in São Paulo.
In 2014 was selected among 28 designers from all over the world – the only brazilian designer– to exhibit at the Talents area during the Ambiente Fair in Frankfurt, Germany.
Worked at the Brazilian furniture company Tok&Stok (São Paulo - Brazil) as a product designer from 2002 to 2004.
Currently working from her studio in São Paulo, Brasil.
Participated in exhibitions in Brazil and elsewhere in the world, such as:
• "NoAr" the swing chair project, a partnership between BOOMSPDESIGN company and Museu da Casa Brasileira( the Museum of the Brazilian House), São Paulo, Brasil (May-June/2014)
• "Talents 2014", Ambiente Fair, Frankfurt, Germany (February/2014)
• “Leques de artista, Leques de coleção”, Estúdio Nido Campolongo, São Paulo, Brasil (July- August/2013)
• "Parece mas não É", Firma Casa design Gallery, São Paulo, Brasil ( May-Jul/2012)
• Contemporary Art exhibition at Salão de Arte Hebraica, São Paulo ( Aug/2011)
• ‘BoomSPDesign’, Rio Preto Shopping Center and Belas Artes University,Rio Preto and São Paulo, (July and October/2010)
• ‘Hidden Heroes – International League of Maverick Designers’,at The Superstudio Più,Fuori Salone, Milan ( april/2009 )
• ‘Universal House Project’ , Milan and DMY,Berlin, ( April and May/2006 )
• ‘Wallpaper Global Edit’, Armani Theater, Milan, ( April/2006 )
• ‘Brazil,Brazil: Objets de Luxe’, Marseille, ( Nov-Dez/2005 )
• ‘New Materials, Process and Components Catalogue, São Paulo, ( Nov/2005 )
• ‘P.V.C Design’, São Paulo, ( Out-Nov/2005 )
• ‘4º Design Festival: Design Made. Re-think+Re-design - Hangaram Design Museum, Seoul Arts Center ( Oct/2005)
• ‘Plasticidades’, Rio de Janeiro ( Oct/2003 )
• ‘Design e Natureza’, São Paulo ( Sept/2002 e 2004)
• ‘Brasil Faz Design’, Milan and São Paulo ( April-Jun/2002 e 2004)
• ‘notechdesign’, São Paulo( Jun-2001)
• ‘500years Brasil Design’, São Paulo( Nov-dec/2000)
• ‘Abitare Il Tempo’ Abitare Il Tempo Fair – “Beyond European design. Projects from around the world”, Verona( Oct/2000)
Publication on books:
Bloom Brasil Saboroso
ed. Totalcom comunicação e Eventos
Brazilian Furniture Design/Design Brasileiro de móveis
Young Designers Americas
Um olhar sobre o Design Brasileiro
ed.Imprensa Oficial SP
Robb Report, Icon Magazine, Wallpaper, Interni, Dwell, Casa Vogue, Casa&Jardim, Kaza, Casa Claudia,Casa Claudia Luxo, Viver Bem, Flash Casa, Wish casa
I find that São Paulo, my native town, is a very instigating place. Observing people in the streets, their attitude and their creativity towards findind out ways to solve their needs has helped me reflect about my work.
Brazil has an exuberant fauna and flora with a rich culture and a unique personality. A melting pot of races has enriched our history and culture.
This ethnic diversity has produced a plural society, which I am part of, and it has directly influenced my world view and my subjectivity.
However, in transgressing beyond the normal use of materials I have sought to reveal personal and collective memories.
In the industrial scene, many Brazilian manufacturers are still working with artisanal labor who still haven’t any advanced technological skills.
However, entrepreneurs have started to regard design as a competitive tool in their business.
I feel that this is a favorable scenario for my design expertise to be fully appreciated and required by small industries, manufacturers and limited series.
I graduated in architecture at Mackenzie University in 2000. In 1999, I attended the ‘Construction of Objects’ workshop, given by Fernando and Humberto Campana . I consider this experience as the genesis of my current work.
Throughout the workshop, I was able to reflect upon many questions besides aesthetics, acquiring a keener eye for the world of product design, within a sustainable view, and finally reaching a personal expression.
A hands-on experience, performing constant artisanal skills, and the permanent search for new materials have become essential features of my design. Read Less