Head of the Events Business Unit (Strategy/Branding/Graphic Design/UX/UI):
- Project planning (Holistic Design Planning for 9 events a year)
- Lead the in-house design team (6 designers - 1 developer)
- Own and execute the design process, end-to-end
- Create coherent design languages and strategies for our Brands (The Parent Brand + 6 Trade Shows + 2 Apps)
- Take lead on creating compelling and detailed visual design themes, templates and style guides.
- Design direction (+Hands-on design) of all production of marketing and other collateral, across channels, to ensure coherence and effectively execute Design Strategy
- Design Experiences and User Interfaces for the company's digital products
- Look for, interview and hire best talents and Design Agencies
- Creative direction of hired Design Agencies
- Promote Design Thinking
- September 2018
- Drive, motivate and inspire the design team throughout the design process.
- Take lead on creating and developing compelling and detailed design concepts both functionally and aesthetically.
- Share responsibility with the design manager to deliver convincing presentations to share and justify design concepts to clients.
- Undertake execution level project planning in close liaison with the Project Manager and Design Manager.
- Co-ordinate with R&D and manufacturing resources to validate and implement design concepts.
- Responsible for and ensure that design-intent is maintained through to production.
- Guide and mentor junior members in developing and adhering to the design methodology.
- Monitor internship planning and conduct regular reviews with interns to steer and achieve internship goals.
- Represent the studio at external events.
- Follow up of communication with all external parts of the business particularly with potential new clients.
- Attend client meetings in the process of pitching for new business opportunities.
- November 2017
- October 2014
Portland, Oregon, United States
Freelance - Design Project Manager
- June 2013
Industrial design Intern
- January 2013