Director of Catalog, Apparel Samples & Digital Imagery
Summary of position:
• Oversee day-to-day operations of 3 merchandising and sales support departments for the adidas Group, Sports Licensed Division (detailed below).
• Provide national sales teams and customers with B2B and GTM sales tool materials.
• Drive online B2B/B2C solutions tailored to improve communication of adidas Group products within specific business segments.
• Collaborate w/ multiple front-end workflows across multiple departments on meeting GTM objectives.
• Communicate corporate branding strategies through to GTM for all sales support initiatives.
• Manage catalog design staff for producing retail sales catalogs for the Sports Licensed Division (SLD) of the adidas-Group servicing adidas Performance, adidas Originals, Reebok, CCM Hockey, and Mitchell & Ness brands.
• Develop catalog design concepts & creative page-layout solutions for marketing sales collateral.
• Instruct catalog design staff to prepare layouts for publication, and assist in product photo-shoots for catalog use.
• Outsource/Insource print and collaborate with external vendors on project fulfillment.
• Manage screen print & embroidery sample production and sample order fulfillment teams for creating product samples for sales reps, internal customers, and retail accounts for point of sale presentations.
• Lead strategic operations and development in the physical apparel sample process.
• Manage in-house digital imagery staff and oversee studio operations for creating product and lifestyle marketing photography of adidas Group products for external customers in support of B2B and B2C websites and catalog print initiatives.
• Manage all logistics for offsite and in-house studio photo-shoots, initiate local casting calls and booking of modeling talent for product merchandising shoots.
• Develop shot lists, mood boards and styling direction for both product and lifestyle photo-shoots.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
• Manage creative and production art staffs in support of merchandising and sales.
• Provide creative direction and graphic support for multiple brands: Wilson Active, Wilson Golf, Pro Player, Starter Team Apparel, Pro Edge Apparel, Whitetails Unlimited, Pro-Spirit, Gold's Gym.
• Establish merchandising assortments and accessory development plans.
• Develop domestic and international outsourcing strategies for art production.
• Build cost saving reports, budget plans and work proposals.
- November 2002
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
• Provide art direction of print and web projects to production art staff members.
• Review and approve proofs of printed copy and art materials prior to publication.
• Manage creative projects for key accounts working within budget and scheduling requirements.
• Establish job bids, supervise outside designers, recruit freelancers.
• Collaborate with clients on project objectives, budget and presentation approaches.
- November 2001
Pfafftown, North Carolina, United States
Senior Graphic Designer
• Create apparel graphics and marketing concepts for all athletic divisions: Campus Bookstore, Follett, Barnes & Noble, Resort, Brand Identity, Pro-Licensed/Hot Market (NBA, NFL, XFL, NCAA)
• Provide graphic direction to design staff consisting of 4 designers and 20+ production artists.
• Conduct market trend research in preparation for upcoming apparel lines.
• Create instructional materials and multi-media presentations for sales meetings.
• Develop design concepts and creative materials for point of sale and other marketing needs ie: knitted jocktags, merchandising sheets, assortment plans, graphic selling tools and trade show signage.
- June 2001
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
- March 1995
Oakfield, New York, United States
Genesee Valley Penny Saver
- November 1993
Avon, New York, United States