Sr. Associate, Managing Menswear
Wepit Accessories, Srota Pvt. Ltd., ArtIndia Pvt. Ltd., Rroboshka, DotPSD Pvt. Ltd.
● Product photo shoot for 'Wepit Accessories', a UK based e-commerce brand.
● Photo shoot for internet based advertisement campaign for a bags and accessory design brand, 'DotPSD'.
● Conceptualization and photo shoot for a menswear brand 'Rroboshka' for its advertisement campaign and catalogue.
● Photography, Cataloguing and Website layout design for ArtIndia, a textile based company in Jaipur.
● Generated silhouette of bags based as per specification from the client keeping trend forecast, design aesthetics as well as price point in balance.
- January 2013
London, United Kingdom
● Collaborated with the SLG (Small Leather Goods) and Bags design team for the research and development of the in-house trend forecasting. Created trend, material and trim forecast book for men and women fashion accessories for two consecutive seasons S/S 2011 and A/W 2011-12.
● Researched and designed ranges of bags for brands like Calvin Klein, Clarks, FCUK, Lakeland, Tasche, Hotter, Moshulu and Massimo Dutti according to spec sheets. Executed the followed up and got approvals by the buyers.
● Reviewed and designed wallets and merchandize for the SLGs upcoming range S/S 2011 and A/W 2011-12 for Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Guess, Next, and Apt9 based on orders placed through our in-house trend forecast.
● Following up of the product range to the sampling stage, supervising and coordinating sample-making team and supporting production management team for sample development. Getting approvals and forwarding to production department.
● Negotiating with raw material suppliers for trims and surface ornamentation techniques as required and keeping a check on buyer’s requirements.
● Regular sourcing and material procurement, swatch development and product development for RND and upcoming trend forecast.
● Analyzed and presented research work and development of prototypes, samples and swatches for in-house collection and buyer meetings and presentations.
● Analyzed market for successful designs in terms of aesthetics and sales and worked on designs in that direction. Provided design solutions to unsuccessful product designs.
● Provided problem solving solutions in the prototyping stage to avoid bottlenecks in production
- July 2011
Design intern (Final)
● Scrutinized the current condition of work flow and reassessed the system's limitations.
● Further explored surface based and pigment based techniques on leather.
● Experimented and designed a collection of six garments using leather and denim for my graduation project.
● Executed and rendered the designs by optimizing the utilization of time intervals on the sampling floor.
● Refined my understanding of the industry methods.
- April 2010
● Practical understanding of company hierarchy and work flow.
● Analyzed my limitations as an intern with reference to the time and quantity conscious sampling unit.
● Researched on the more industrial leather treatments, machinery and chemicals involved and their execution.
● Identified a mentor and reported regularly with updates and reports.
● Researched and designed a collection of three ensembles that served the visual purpose of fourteen ensembles, by innovative construction and pattern cutting methods (Theme based).
● Executed and rendered the design on the sampling floor, overcoming the limitations of assembly line by devising productive ways around the problem.
● Gained knowledge in industry methods.
- July 2008
Asst. Designer (Graphic and Print Development)
● Trend forecast interpretation to motifs, surface ornamentation and silhouette development for Kolkata based fashion designer, Shantanu Goenka.
● Developed Prints for Spring Summer 2008 collection.
● Developed seamless repeats from scanned hand-drawn motifs.
● Converted large seamless patterns and motifs to vector format to form database for future applications.
- November 2007