At iTech Management Consultancy, Ali was part of a team providing consultancy services related to BUILDING INFORMATION MANAGEMENT with DUBAI AVIATION ENGINEERING PROJECTS (DAEP). DAEP is a leading engineering organization responsible for the design, master planning, infrastructure development and construction of Dubai’s dynamic aviation sector. As a SENIOR BIM ARCHITECT, Ali was responsible for assessing BIM models of the ongoing Al Maktoum International airport. BIM model quality was compared to standards deemed acceptable by iTech - a leading BIM consultancy in the region. Some of these assessments included but are not limited to:
1. Submittals regarding model documentation particularly BIM execution plans, LOD matrix and clash reports.
2. Model health and set up namely projects coordinates, naming conventions and browser organization
3. Modeling methods consistency and compliance notably element geometry and service distribution.
4. Coordination and constructability relative 2D drawings, BIM platform (Revit / Navisworks)
5. Visualization of building progress through animations using 2D and 3D media.
Lastly, Ali taught a Revit Architecture course spanning 30 hours of one on one training for 5 of DAEP's in house architects and engineers. The DAEP staff were taught how to set up projects using acceptable BIM conventions. The goal was to improve their ability towards extracting information and integrating data in the resulting BIM model upon completion of the course. (Portfolio available upon request)
United Arab Emirates
Prior to iTech, Ali was employed as a CONCEPT ARCHITECT at ARC INTERNATIONAL in DUBAI. He was involved in designing projects and proposals, in the U.A.E, Oman and the Republic of Mauritius. These projects served as administrative, commercial, recreational and residential spaces. Most notably, Ali was part of a team that designed a private island resort for the ROYAL FAMILY in DUBAI. During his time as a concept architect, some of his responsibilities included but are not limited to:
1. Understanding and analyzing client requirements comprehensively in terms of design intention, nature of design, project budget, legal requirements, duration and utilization.
2. Analyzing proposed site and view of existing neighboring buildings, ground topography, and accessibility to the plot, expected project commencement and nature of development.
3. Preparing of Concept proposals in 2D and 3D impressions using AutoCAD, 3DS Max / Revit and Photoshop.
4. Preparing project data sheet based on client requirements, site analysis and authority regulations. This includes plot area, set back regulations, allowable plot coverage, built up area, height, units and nature of units and any underground requirements.
5. Coordinating with MEP, Structural, Electrical departments and authority regulations ensuring concept is both feasible and meets clients requirements. Thus solving any technical problems in order to facilitate authority and client approval.
6. Refining designs and directing the development process to the point where construction documents can be produced.
7. Regular site visits ensuring construction is as per concept and client approval.
Lastly, Ali was solely responsible for the concept proposal and detail design for a private villa in Dubai (portfolio available upon request)
- December 2015
United Arab Emirates
Junior BIM Architect
As a Junior BIM Architect, Ali worked on Al Mafraq hospital, in Abudhabi. iTech was responsible to create BIM models from drawings issued for construction, perform interdisciplinary design coordination, subcontractor management, generate shop drawings and integrate as-built information into the models. Some of his responsibilities include but were not limited to:
• Creation and Maintenance of BIM Models for Project Specific Requirements
• Production of BIM models including structure, interior and exterior architecture,and MEP systems
• Update as built and revised Building Information Model and maintain revision log
• Preparation of documentation necessary for the distribution of RFIs (Request for Information)
• Maintainance revised BIM Models showing changes and RFI answers
• Creation of new library components
• Development of modeling schedules
• Preparation of 4D simulations
• Development of coordination schedules
• Overview and maintenance of all control logs (RFIs, Shop drawings, as-built etc)
• Assisting project team with construction coordination and scheduling
• Printing drawing sets for team review
• Exporting DWF and other formats for collaboration internally and externally
• Preparation of 3D models and dimension shop drawing sheets for field use and review.
• Assistance in identifying model constructability issues and solutions
• Participation in job layout driven by 3D model data
- May 2014
United Arab Emirates
- August 2010
Dubai, United Arab Emirates