Shanghai Studio Creative Director
Senior Industrial Designer
- Building brand recognition through design and exploration of next scenarios in entertainment experiences.
- Industrial Designer & project lead.
- Development of multimedia products from concept to manufacturing (televisions, 3D glasses, remote controls, soundbars).
- Mentoring of junior designers & interns.
- Internal design research workshops lead to enhance studio capabilities and design process.
- April 2014
Member of the laptop design team in the Innovation Design Center of Lenovo.
- Design Leader of Ideapad S10, S10-3, S10-3s, U150, U160.
- Product Design Manager of Ideapad S series
- Working under the command of the design director, laptop design manager and closely with the Design strategy team.
- Design research, customer trends and target groups analysis, identification of innovation opportunities.
- Brainstorming sessions, concept ideations, explorations of new lifestyle & using scenarios, quick sketching, concept & form development, design language development, brand consistency.
- Provide concept and design guide for Colors, Materials & Finishes.
- 3D form development through sketching, CAD & draft to final mock-ups file release.
- Workshops with Taiwanese ODM to finalize designs into details.
- Cooperation with Mechanical & Electrical Engineers, Technical Project Manager, Project manager, UCD team.
- Regular flights to Shanghai factories to follow, check and approve samples of each part, at different stages of production. Flights to Kyoto, Japan for on-site IMR (In-Mold Rolling) film tuning.
- Lighting Design, participation to the design proposals for the first collection of the Sino-French brand TAOlight.
- Pet furniture, creating the Lotus cat tree for RefinedFeline
- Houseware products, bathbin design, kitchen scale
- USB accessories
- Clients located in China, Singapore, USA
Internship furniture designer
Rresponsible for creating various items related to furniture design, tables, chairs, seats, desks, door handles, etc.
- February 2004