Senior Environment Artist
Asgard's Wrath - VR
"Everything about Asgard’s Wrath drips with personality, courtesy of some of the most detailed and diverse graphics and art direction I’ve ever seen in a made-for-VR game. Each zone is made up of several major landmark locations, and every one of them has clearly been created with an extreme attention to detail." IGN, 2019 - rated 9.4
- Visual design / direction for three story-rich Jotunheim levels (composition, color, architecture, organics, story input, etc)
- Directed concept artists, prop artists, and texture artists, regarding Jotunheim levels.
- Created additional concept art (for puzzle architecture).
- Established lighting and atmosphere, including simple fx.
- Modeled architecture, including modular sets and hero props (from concept/ my design).
- Sculpted environment organics: giant trees, rocks, organic hero props (from photo ref/ my design).
- Set dressing, collision, polish, and bug hunting.
Marvel Powers United VR
"In the Marvel universe, Wakanda is a hidden African nation with advanced technology. Powers United’s rendition looks true to both the world first envisioned in comic books decades ago and the movie that brought it to life earlier this year." UploadVR (2018)
· Designed and modeled Wakanda exterior architecture: lab facades, central platform, cliffside balconies, and the lower bridge area.
· Worked with texture artist to ensure consistency between structure and surface pattern.
· Communicated with team to address visual composition, gameplay issues, and initial lighting setup.
Tools: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Photoshop, Unreal 4.
Eager to transfer skills and knowledge to other 3D tools as required by the project.
California, United States
"Helios specializes in building engaging, interactive experiences for consumers in the events and retail channels. We use a variety of technologies to achieve our goals, including touch, gesture, augmented reality, and virtual reality."
· Contributed to indie platformer demo in a professional startup environment.
- February 2017
California, United States
Shipped Title: Obduction (www.obduction.com)
"...Cyan has succeeded in making another adventure that feels truly timeless." Polygon (2016)
- August 2016
Washington, United States
Freelance/ Contract/ Indie
As a game artist with 10 years experience working with teams of widely different circumstances, I strive to create content of quality, but also project relevance, making the most of engine limitations, and focusing on player experience. As a game developer, I constantly challenge myself to learn new technologies, but also to achieve more with less.
UI Artist/ Illustrator
Shipped Game / App: Tophatter App
"...It has colorful cartoon avatars and a candy-colored UI, and with auctions only lasting 90 seconds, it serves up spoonfuls of adrenaline." VentureBeat (2013)
· iPhone app earned a place in New and Noteworthy on the app store when it was officially launched April 10, 2013.
- February 2015
Palo Alto, California, United States