Senior Product Designer
UX / UI Designer
CAE is a Canadian manufacturer of simulation technologies and the worldwide leader in training for the civil aviation, defence & security, and healthcare markets with over 10,000 employees in over 35 countries. I worked (mostly as product designer) on several different projects as part of different agile scrum teams:
- ILMS - The Integrated Logistics and Management Service is a continuously developed scalable and modular web-based comprehensive SaaS-type application that facilitates the operation and asset management of defence & security and civil simulation sites across the globe. In our agile-based design-driven development process my task was to expand the current version with new solutions and features and, in parallel, to design the next, fully modernized new ILMS version with maximum consideration of our users’ needs. I designed end-to-end user experiences from ideation to execution while communicated with our global customers. Did lot of user interviews, feasibility meetings, created user and workflows, mockups, high fidelity layouts, developed interactive prototypes, built a new design system.
Designed extended ILMS features for touch enabled devices (Kiosk, tablet),
- GESI – battle simulation system for joint command and staff training. Helped to improve the complex software system with lot of updated and new features. Created a style guide and a completely redesigned new UI version (with dark and light theme) in close collaboration with our german department. Designed a new SaaS system for it.
- CAE LearningSpace - simulation center management solution for medical schools. Concept, design and prototyping a complex, new Inventory module from scratch,
- Helped in all kind of visualization tasks, like creating a high quality, realistic airplane dashboard, various on- and offline marketing and presentation materials, infographics, interactive animated technical trainings etc.
- May 2020
Art director, senior UX / UI designer
IntelliMed provides IT services and solutions for nearly 60 medical organizations, chambers of health care industry (with more than 150,000 members), universities, hospitals, pharma companies, suppliers of the health care sector.
- Hired to completely renew the company’s outdated visual style and bring it up-to-date, enhance user satisfaction, develop innovative, more user-friendly solutions and introduce (and represent) the UX approach in the development processes.
- Undertook the UX and UI design of complex cloud-based web applications (for clinical, pharmaceutical or medical society use), responsive portals, corporate sites, webshops and native mobile apps for various medical societies, healthcare companies and institutions,
- Developed user-centered, unique and reusable visual style templates for websites and apps which could be tailored to individual needs,
- Continuously designed and improved all kinds of customisable portal feature templates, such as online payments, membership fee management, e-learning systems, medical conference microsites, access managements (login and registration variations), news and events, modular newsletters, online publications, data libraries and webcasts,
- Extracted, organised and translated incoming client requirements, coordinated projects between clients, the design and the development team,
- Executed all visual design stages from concept to final handover. Created wireframes, mockups and pixel perfect final designs with user interactions.
- Managed internal and external graphic designers and frontend developer colleagues. Mentored a junior designer on a daily basis.
- Created microsites, landing pages, banners, logos, social appearances, presentations and various print materials,
- Provided permanent support to the sales team and content creators with continuous close cooperation with the development team.
- May 2017
Lead designer (art direction, ux/ui)
Company's name after the acquisition (in 2010-11): SANOMA MEDIA BUDAPEST, now called: CENTRAL MEDIAGROUP
With one million readers each month HaziPatika.com is the most popular, biggest, and therefore best-known health and lifestyle portal in Hungary. It's satellite site, Babaszoba.hu is the most visited children's health and parenting portal in Hungary with the largest community-building forum.
- Developed HaziPatika.com from a startup company to be the market leader with the biggest and best-known health care portal in Hungary. Actively participated in corporate decision-making at the middle management level,
- Comprehensively designed, expanded and redesigned HáziPatika.com, and its satellite sites (babaszoba.hu, 50plusz.hu),
- Visually implemented sales-induced (sponsored and advertising) projects (interactive microsites, landing pages, games, animated banners), internal developments (redesigns, new and updated features), marketing and social appearances,
- Designed a smartphone app for babaszoba.hu, and various interactive web services such as blood pressure and blood sugar logs, diet programs, blogs, forums, albums, calculators, hospital and obstetrics of the year, thematic search engines, newsletters, questionnaires and tests,
- Managed internal and external graphic artists, ensuring quality control and created numerous work templates for further use. Created logos and performed various print tasks.
- Created a website for Roche, one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in Hungary,
- April 2012
Creative group leader, web designer
- Designed the Hungarian ICQ.hu portal, an early social networking site,
- Graphic production of various online websites and portals and offline print tasks.
- July 2002
Technical designer, NX (Unigraphics) CAD-designer
- November 2000
Project manager motor pre-series logistics (Projektsteuerer Vorserienlogistik)
- Provided leading logistical support for the construction of four cylinder AUDI engines in the development phase.
- January 2000
Founder, editor in chief, designer
Founder and leader of Hungary’s oldest and longest running 2D, 3D, motion, and UI designer creative community and online platform ArtistPub, known also as the "Public Creative Area".
Using ArtistPub Hungarian visual creators, designers and artists can inform, inspire, share their works, receive feedback and help (since 2003).
Idea, establishment, graphical design, organizer, editor in chief.
Leading a carefully chosen, professional administration team, organizng, managing and building the community together with their help.
Organised several 3D graphic contests (with international jury and award ceremonies), 2D-3D exercises, trainings and 27 user meetings (with occasionally invited professional guests) for the predominantly creative professional target audience.
Regularly created interviews with internationally successful Hungarian and foreign artists, shared carefully selected inspirational links and highlighted the best uploaded works.
Fifteen years after the release of the custom-developed web forum, from 2018, ArtistPub operates only as a Facebook page and group. If you are interested about any type of creative visual and graphical design, please join the community here:
Predecessor: Render.hu (2001-2003).
Establishment, graphical design and editor in chief of the first hungarian 3D graphic portal. Publishing 160 computer graphic related articles, translations and interviews. Announcing and organising the first big online hungarian 3D graphical contest;