Creative Director, Digital
Team Lead of the Commercial Digital Creative team at Mail Metro Media managing a team of 10 Designers/Developers/Freelancers. I assist the team in producing websites, rich media advertising, bespoke display advertising solutions across all screens for a vast list of brands who choose to advertise with us. I joined the MailOnline as a Senior digital designer within less than 2years got promoted to a Team Lead role.
I work with each designer to assess their needs and organise training for them where needed to aid their development and fill any gaps in skills that are required in the wider company. The ability to liaise with clients, suppliers, and colleagues in a professional and mature manner and I am able to manage, supervise, and challenge all aspects of the creative output and design processes.
I lead new advertising product design and development through research, creation and testing, and then help to implement this with key stakeholders within the business. Working with other advertising vendors on new advertising products and features. In addition I write up the advertising specifications for both MailOnline and Metro.co.uk to make sure that any advertisers adhere
to our guidelines.
I source 3rd party suppliers where necessary and develop good working relationships with them to act as an additional resource when needed. With my web design/development background, my post requires me to have good communication and articulation skills as well as the ability to multi-task as both a senior designer and as a manger to the team. I’m self-motivated and confident enough to take the design of numerous brands to another level within the MailOnline and contribute to driving and retaining revenue for the wider business.
Created our own scrolling skin adformat instead of using an advertising vendor adformat.
In return its saves MailOnline around £30k per month (about £350k a year).
London, United Kingdom
Senior Commercial Designer
- Project scoping, planning & meet deadlines.
- Wire-framing & prototyping ideas.
- Design & building interactive rich-media and video ads in Flash & HTML5 (Platforms: Sizmek, Flite, Celtra, Brainient & Brightcove)
- UI & UX Design and present creative concepts/mock-ups to Account Manager and/or clients.
- Hand code website hubs in HTML5, CSS 3, PHP and jQuery.
- Develop Responsive website hubs for Desktop, Tablet, Mobile.
- Cross-platform and cross-browser testing across desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Graphic Design for Print (corporate invites, booklets, department logos etc)
- Design and build HTML emails for marketing campaigns
- Design and develop social competitions for company channels via Engage Sciences.
- Work with the Project Management team on timelines and campaign schedules.
- Train/Inform colleagues of new trends and technologies for future projects.
- Delegate tasks and mentor Junior team members of best practices.
- Attend brainstorms and collaborating on new ideas for digital and print.
- Create motion graphics and visual effects for presentations, title treatments, video pre-roll ads.
- Software constantly using: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Flash, Illustrator & After Effects
- Presenting ideas and solutions to the team, managers & directors.
Top Brands: P&G, Diageo, Unilever, Netflix, Amazon, Marks & Spencer, Camelot, Tourism Australia, Sky, eBay, Cadburys, Tescos, & loads more
- September 2015
London, United Kingdom
Senior Web Designer
Alchemy had an amazing opportunity for me to return as a Senior member of the team. I was responsible for leading projects from brainstorming ideas to producing concepts, and then building prototypes to production for various digital and print design projects.
I specialised in content management systems like Wordpress and Woocommerce. All websites and emails were responsive and accessible on desktop, tablet & mobile. All themes were hand-coded and templated for the team to use on multiple projects and reduce development time.
Key achievement was increasing revenue with introducing Social Media offering to market. I managed the planning and execution of our Social Media strategies especially producing display ads, managing clients pages and producing Social applications. During my time I would train junior team members and freelancer and inform colleagues of new trends and technologies for future projects.
Reported in to Head of Sales and assisted in client presentations and pitches.
- March 2014
AKA was a fast paced and exciting team. I was responsible for designing high impact display ads, websites, emails that entice users to book tickets for our clients shows/events. I assisted in project scoping projects based on clients requirements. Produced flowcharts, sitemaps, wireframes, conducted usability testing. I would visualise and develop creative concepts and present them to company directors and clients. During my time at AKA I up-skilled in WordPress themes, developing jQuery plug-ins, producing responsive HTML emails and Facebook PageTabs & App development. I would also occasionally supervise freelancers on various projects when needed.
I worked on really exciting shows and events such as Jersey Boys, Batman Live, Shrek The Musical, Olivier Awards, Billy Elliot The Musical, Legally Blonde The Musical, Rock of Ages & Doctor Who.
Top clients such as BBC, Dreamworks, DC Comics, The Old Vic, The Young Vic, Royal Opera House
Reported to: Digital Studio Manager, Creative Director and Head of Digital
- June 2011
For marketing I would design and develop HTML emails and animated display ads. During my time I assisted in project managing all external projects in Basecamp with external clients. I also worked with 3rd party SEO companies on implementing on-page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and link building on client sites and perform keyword research and competition analysis. I also was responsive for training clients on how to use their bespoke eCommerce or Content Management systems. Lastly I managed our clients website infrastructure and insure their website has 99.9% uptime.
I reported into our Senior Web Designer on all projects and he was my mentor too.
- December 2010