- Part1: Looking Glass ConceptThis is what I wish the internet search will be able to do with a mobile device in the NEAR future. Touch screen, built in camera, scanner, WiFi, google map (hopefully google earth), google search, image search… all in one device. Like this way, when you can see a building through it, it gives you the image search result right on the spot.
- Part2: Future of Mobile Internet Search: ApplicationsMany applications like these will be developed that have never been possible.Indoor guideWorks in a building, airport, station, hospital, etc.Automatic simultaneous translationSearch keyword
Helpful when you want to find out a word from a lot of text
- Part3: Look at What You Don’t See Through Glass
You can even see flowers that are not actually blooming.
There are a lot more ideas drawn in my Moleskine, so I’ll introduce them later.
Also visit other posts of this gadget.
- Part4: Future of Mobile Search for Diet
Mainly because I don’t usually care about nutrition when I eat, this kind of function would be helpful for people like me.
- Part5: Future of Mobile Search- Search Beyond TimeGetting data of a weather forecast, maybe this might be possible.When you wonder what the scene you’re looking at was like in the past, you can see it.It would be nice if it could work in sync with Google Maps like this.
- Part6: Future of Mobile Search- Power of Visualization
Visual aid for any book. It means any book can be a picture book.If it could be wirelessly in sync with your mobile phone or other mobile devices, visualized data exchange could be done like
- Looking Glass for iPhonepetitinvention.wordpress.com/2008/07/26/looking-glass-for-iphone/
- Part7: Future of Mobile Search: Virtual Shopping #1I’m pretty sure companies like Ikea would quickly start to use this device this way if it became really available.
- Part8: Speech Balloons for the Hearing-Impaired
Speech balloons in comic books show very well how the characters speak. If we could instantly visualize how people speak, wouldn’t it be nice for the hearing-impaired? It means they can SEE our voices.
Stressed words are rendered larger than those spoken less loudly.Arrows of the balloons show from where it’s spoken (of course).
A scream is shown in a balloon with jags.
Imitation sounds are also rendered, but with other colors than spoken words.
When spoken to from out of the screen, it shows the words with the direction the voice is from.
A pair of glasses with the same functions could replace the device if we could figure out a good way not to block visual information.
- I can’t believe I won the red dot design concept award for the Looking Glass concept!!I posted some new ideas and images here.