I've written for a range of audiences, using a variety of media. Should the creation of collateral require the services of specialists, I enjoy working with, and coordinating the activities of, creative professionals. I have done this successfully on a number of diverse projects including websites, printed materia… Read More
I've written for a range of audiences, using a variety of media. Should the creation of collateral require the services of specialists, I enjoy working with, and coordinating the activities of, creative professionals. I have done this successfully on a number of diverse projects including websites, printed materials, video productions and PowerPoint presentations.
In fact, I have enhanced my knowledge of print and multimedia production by completing courses in Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop, QuarkXPress, SEO and WordPress. I also have experience with PCs, Apple Computers, mainframe computers, UNIX and popular computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and video production processes and equipment (e.g. cameras, editing machines, etc.). In addition, I've used sales and contact software like CC Solutions and ACT! Read Less
DAVID C. BRATT | COPYWRITER
firstname.lastname@example.org | (415) 334-6157
SUMMARY Copywriter and SEO Editor with experience in writing for enterprise-scale global websites seeks opportunities to provide clear, concise and compelling copy for promotional, educational, instructional or technical materials. Brings a unique ba… Read More
DAVID C. BRATT | COPYWRITER
email@example.com | (415) 334-6157
SUMMARY Copywriter and SEO Editor with experience in writing for enterprise-scale global websites seeks opportunities to provide clear, concise and compelling copy for promotional, educational, instructional or technical materials. Brings a unique background in sales, marketing and communications, plus a proven history of success in communicating effectively, increasing revenue, expanding the brand and improving customer retention.
TV, VIDEO & FREELANCE PROJECTS
Website training materials.
San Diego, CA
Copy editing brochures, press releases, etc.
Gary Gilliam, Newark, CA
Search engine optimization for his company’s website.
Chandler Properties, San Francisco, CA
SEO for their website.
Direct response marketing campaign
Global Interprint, Santa Rosa, CA
Drafted a trio of letters targeting industries that are consumers of printing services.
Live Out Loud, Inc.
Loral Langemeier, Novato, CA
Writer for this personal finance expert’s e-newsletter, website, articles, promo e-mails and various marketing materials.
The San Jose Park Ranger: Wearer of Many Hats
Dept. of Recreation, Parks and Community Services, San Jose, CA
Wrote, directed, and produced a public affairs videotape for local municipality.
Educate to Liberate
Bay Area Video Coalition, San Francisco, CA
Co-produced and distributed a brief documentary on a mural reflecting San Francisco’s history and cultural diversity.
Bay City Limits
KRON-TV, San Francisco, CA
Producer for a television talk show.
Copywriter, Copy Editor and Aux. Contest Manager: 5/07 – 1/12
FriendFinder Networks, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
• Wrote, edited and proofread text for marketing collateral, social media and special projects, including e-newsletters, web pages, promotional e-mails, polls, banner headlines and FFN’s primary website style guide.
• Regularly exceeded goals for open rates and CTR, thereby increasing revenue.
• Primary copywriter on new websites that created new company records in sign-ups and revenue.
Copywriter/Copy Editor: 9/05 – 6/06
ReMark Group Creative Services, Novato, CA
• Wrote and edited copy for marketing collateral and customer communications, including direct mail letters, brochures and newsletters.
• Aided sales personnel in conceiving PowerPoint presentations. Developed and wrote these presentations, as well as other printed and electronic sales support materials.
• Responsible for proofreading all written material.
Copywriter/Copy Editor: 1/05 – 6/05
City College of San Francisco, CA
• Wrote and edited copy for the Graphic Communications Department’s website and other social media.
• Provided project management services for the production of the aforementioned website, as well as other large scale communications and marketing projects.
Membership Development Specialist: 4/01 – 2/04
San Francisco Fire Credit Union, San Francisco, CA
• Crafted copy for direct mail letters, newsletters, company profile and intranet.
• Prepared other marketing materials such as PowerPoint Presentations.
• Planned and administered programs, events and projects to generate new memberships.
• Determined membership potential in various target markets of San Francisco.
• Developed marketing strategies and plans.
• Developed contacts within local merchant associations.
• Served as founding member of the Business Development Network's Leadership Council, a part of the California Credit Union League.
• Generated approximately 450 new members, resulting in $4-5 million in new deposits or loans.
Marketing Director: 10/97 – 1/00
American Marketing Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA
• Promoted five divisions of a company that provided housing services to the tourist, commercial and residential sectors.
• Generated text for a variety of promotional material including their website, brochures, postcards, press releases, flyers and billing inserts.
• Supervised a focused telemarketing campaign that increased revenue by 73%.
• Secured press coverage in local and national publications.
Sales Manager: 6/92 – 9/97
Account Executive: 11/89 – 6/92
San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, San Francisco, CA
• Sold over 800 accounts generating more than $600,000 in new and recurring revenue. Attained the highest rate of membership renewal.
• Designed membership orientations and orientation materials that increased participation, retention and integration of new and existing members.
• Led membership development team by designing and writing sales letter templates, then coaching peers on their use.
• Interviewed, selected and trained Account Executives.
• Participated in strategic planning task force responsible for re-engineering the direction of this local civic organization, which led to an increase in membership growth.
UNIX Instructor: 9/83 – 6/84
University of Calif., College of Agricultural Economics, Berkeley, CA
• Wrote tutorials on UNIX, a mainframe computer operating system, and used them in training sessions with students and faculty.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Berkeley, CA
Graduated cum laude with a B.A. in English.
CITY COLLEGE, San Francisco, CA
Graduated with high honors with an A.S. in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Studies.
BAY AREA VIDEO COALITION, San Francisco, CA
Program provided training in all phases of videotape production.
WESTERN C.U.N.A. MANAGEMENT SCHOOL, Claremont, CA
Comprehensive program on credit union operations. Read Less