Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Delivering marketing and communications plans and coordinating marketing initiatives;
- Managing the creation of communications materials;
- Coordinating solicited and unsolicited media attention;
- Developing websites and managing web content;
- Integrating emerging social media tools to strengthen marketing strategies;
- Developing targeted radio campaigns and promotional videos for specific demographic markets;
- Conducting and reviewing Community Needs Assessments and tracking marketing plan performance;
- Managing volunteers and participating in recruitment and hiring;
- Presenting strategies, proposals, and budgets to the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Liaising with government partners and community stakeholders; and
- Developing and providing staff and volunteers with training for software, policies, and procedures.
- September 2014
Special Events & Marketing Coordinator
- Secured profit of $31,619 for "Divine Divas" fundraising campaign.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating Divine Divas 2015, an event surpassing 600 + guests.
- Developing sponsorship packages and soliciting for event donors.
- Ensuring event operated smoothly, efficiently, and generated maximum revenue and exposure.
- Managed, supervised and orientated staff/volunteers (50 +) for evening event.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to volunteers/staff.
This year marked the 10th Anniversary of our fundraiser Divine Diva’s, and our guests were not disappointed! A mystifying performance by Carnival Diablo was followed by a fun and energetic performance by Miss Jade London. Guests enjoyed themed cocktails by Flare Bartender, Steve Benson from Ottawa Cocktails while they nibbled on delicious appetizers from Dream’s Catering. They were also treated to a Photobooth, Expo, Candy Shoppe and a Mad Hatter Tea Party!
- June 2015