Interned at contemporary womenswear London based fashion label House of Holland.
• Pattern cutting and toiling of Spring/Summer 2014 collection ‘Homegirls’.
• Selected to design and hand stitch the beading on two dresses that were displayed in the show at London Fashion Week. Also hand stitched embroidery work on several garments in the show.
• Assisted in final amendments to collection before the show at London Fashion Week.
• Worked as a dresser at the House of Holland London Fashion Week show.
• Chosen to work the House of Holland popup ice cream van to sell the summer capsule collection to the public in Covent Garden, London.
- September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Worked for Dublin based lifestyle and wellness brand Mellow.
• Assisted in the design and manufacturing of an exclusive capsule collection.
• Designed a new Mellow logo for in store display and guided the design of season gift information packs for customers.
• Edited and mounted an extensive archive of design artefacts to create almost one hundred fashion mood boards for retail display and design presentation purposes to support this collection.
- July 2014
Interned at one of Western Australia’s leading bridal boutiques.
• Supported team in design and production of the Spring/Summer 2016 bridal gown collection.
• Toiling of samples for collection.
• Intricate lace and beadwork for collection.
• Worked on made to measure gowns for clients which included; toiling dresses, finishing details such as lace, beadwork and veiling.
• Assisted in subsequent client fittings.
• Within the office I arranged client bookings, set up Donna Tobin Couture social media accounts and ensured that clients got a first class experience when visiting the boutique.
- September 2015
Interned for contemporary Irish womenswear designer Natalie B. Coleman.
• Pattern amending and drafting for the production of ‘Gin Tears’ the Autumn/Winter 2016 collection.
• Cutting out final fabrics of ‘Gin Tears’ for production.
• Assisted in final amendments of ‘Gin Tears’ garments before shipping to showrooms.
• Pattern drafting for ‘Donkey Love’ the Spring/Summer 2017 sample collection.
• Toiling samples for ‘Donkey Love’ collection.
• Assisted in preparation for the look book shoot and press launch for ‘Donkey Love’ collection.
• Aided in concept development for baby collection ‘Eden’.
- August 2016
Worked for boutique fabric shop CLOTH.
• Advised customers on both dress and upholstery fabric.
• Successfully built relationships with customers through a personal and friendly approach.
• Ensured stock was in immaculate condition on the shop floor.
• Carried out a high level of standards quality on the floor through finger spacing of fabric rolls, keeping rolls smooth and tidy, organising rolls based on function.
• Arranged merchandise for window display and creating dramatic garments to showcase fabrics.
• Illustrated garments and fabrics for use on the new website.
• Receipting deliveries of stock.
• Cash and banking responsibilities – end of day banking and cashing the tills.
• Brand ambassador for the shop – I use fabrics from Cloth in my design work and for personal use.
- May 2017
Worked for leading Irish retailer Dunnes Stores.
• Created original designs that were produced and retailed for the Gallery brand.
• Used the Adobe Creative Cloud to create mood boards, colour stories and research packs.
• Generated clear and concise technical packs for suppliers. These packs included comprehensive CAD artwork with detailed measurements and instructions.
• Ensured via proactive communication with suppliers that samples met the tech pack requirements and arrived on time.
• Key responsibility to ensure samples were manufactured to spec and fitted correctly. Actively engaged with the fit technician and supplier resulting in minimising adjustments in relation to fit and design.
- May 2018
Working across the Childrenswear Design department, with a focus on Boyswear (older and toddler) for UK retailer Matalan.
• Creating original designs, prints and graphics that are currently in production for retail sale next season.
• Collaboratively working with senior designers to create trend packs, mood boards and colour stories through the Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Generating clear and concise technical packs for suppliers. Packs include comprehensive CAD artwork with detailed measurements and instructions.
Liverpool, United Kingdom