Information For Organizers
What is expected of me as an Organizer?
Any Behance member who's interested in supporting the creative community can host a Portfolio Review. If you’re willing to devote some time and energy to planning, promoting and executing a Behance Portfolio Review — you're in! We'll be in touch along the way to offer our support and help make sure everything runs smoothly.
Create an Event on our Meetup Page
- Go to Meetup.com/BehanceReviews and create an event.
- Choose a date, time, and location for the event (during May 13—20) *
- Fill out this form to give us a heads-up about your event.
- Start promoting your event by tweeting your event link: tag everything with #BehanceReviews.
- Receive a Behance Event Kit in the mail!
* Want to plan an event outside of the official week? No problem. Email us at email@example.com and let us know.
BEHANCE EVENT KIT: Name tags, sample reviews questions, critique awards, etc.
Secure a Space to Host Your Event
You don't have to book an official venue for your event; we encourage you to use the resources in your community. Here are some ideas:
- Reach out to friends and colleagues to explore venue opportunities.
- Contact local creative venues such as co-working spaces, design studios or libraries.
- Make a reservation in a public space like a Café, park, bar or restaurant.
Invite & Confirm Experienced Professionals to Lead Review Sessions
After breaking your attendees into smaller groups, you'll want to have a few experienced professionals to join each group to share constructive feedback. These professionals will lead a review session, instruct their group on how they should present their work, and provide feedback. Depending on the size of your event, you may need anywhere from 2 – 6 small groups.
How should you find these Review Leaders?
- Reach out to creative leaders in your community
- Sort the Behance Gallery for your region (using the map tools) and reach out directly to qualified
creatives you’d like to invite as Group Leaders.
Promote Your Event & Spread the Word!
Once you've confirmed the basic info of your event, start spreading the word.
- Use the hashtag #BehanceReviews to tweet about your event and share your event link.
- Create an event on Facebook (in addition to the Meetup invitation).
- Share your event with friends on Facebook.
- Message your Feedback Circle on Behance with the event link.
- Keep your event on Meetup Everywhere up-to-date by responding to questions and sending out a reminder message to attendees a few days before the event.
Host Your Event: Follow the Sample Agenda and Oversee Porfolio Reviews
Leading up to the Portfolio Review, we'll send you supporting emails to guide you through the promoting & hosting process, as well as an Event Kit that includes a Portfolio Reviews Handbook, promo materials, stickers, and more.
During your event, you will:
- Introduce one or more of your Review Leaders to give a short presentation
- Oversee the Portfolio Reviews to make sure everything runs smoothly
- End the Reviews after 60 minutes and transition into Drinks & Mingling
Upcoming Portfolio Reviews
May 13—20, 2013
Infographic→ Portfolio Reviews Infographic
#behancereviews on Twitter
#behancecampinas #behancereviews http://t.co/P3ERiKFyMb
About 55 minutes ago by @AnoraCampo
mitchmotta no #behancecampinas #behancereviews http://t.co/uolu8CNJhc
About 58 minutes ago by @AnoraCampo
#behancecampinas #behancereviews http://t.co/trxM2zJscB
About 1 hour ago by @AnoraCampo
Need to contact us about Portfolio Reviews? Get in touch at:firstname.lastname@example.org