- Blindness is the incapability condition to see due to physiological or neurological factors. Mobility is one of the highest challenges these people face day after day: going to the supermarket, walking on the street, getting directions, getting onto public transport, etc.
The main aim of the project is to provide them the necessarily freedom they need to do their everyday tasks, promoting physical effort. This object will answer questions via Bluetooth by an intelligent personal assistant, notify different obstacles using sensors and guide the person to any place they want with GPS navigation system, and will have a power generating technology activated while walking.
- Pro.motion is a walking guide stick designed for visual impaired people. It is divided in 4 diferent parts:
- Rubber Handle: designed with an ergonomic shape to grab it easily and show the user how it should be grabbed. One on/off button will be included.
- Central control: Here we will find almost all of the technologies applied to the smart stick (GPS, Bluetooth, Sim Card, Camera)
- Sensor: This will be located in another part of the stick to take advantage of the wave’s radious.
- Rubber tip: A piezoelectric tip will be added at the end of the stick to generate power energy while hiting the floor.
The material chosen for the stick’s design is fiberglass, due to it’s low weight, best in flexural strenght and durability, and better in tactile transmission and economy comparising to other materials.
The product also includes a Bluetooth headset and a wall charger for battery recharding.