- Industrial Design ServedProject Featured On:Industrial Design Served — 10/29/10
- The Pickwine is conceived for young or mid aged people, friends and lovers, newly marriage and all those who find themselves young and active. It is an device designed for a couple that want to spend a joyful time together, in beautiful scenery of landscape, somewhere in picturesque old town or just in the park. It is all that complements their time together. Pickwine is the picnic basket that main task it to carry, transport and help to consume the wine in open air. Its special shape suits perfect to perform roles of table or handle for plate and glass in whatever conditions, on plain or rippled surface, on stony, rocky or sandy ground. No matter where it going to be used it supports numerous ways of holding, attaching, hiding plates and glass, so that the couple dont have to waste time to think what to do with the glass or plate and can concentrate on their time together.
- Handling:Its classic, with chromed edges is ergonomic to the maximum. Its stunning because of its simplicity and functionality. Its shape is not too far from cuboid shape of a suit case but is enriched with handle on a bearing all along its circuit, so that it may be held from almost every side, both it can be hanged or picked.Thanks to original construction its very stable. The bottle of wine is carried at the very bottom and center of the basket. The bottle is constrained by plates and by a simple rubber-stripe in the way that disables bottles shaking or moving during transportation.The Pickwine shouldnt ever fall down, but even if it happens it remains without consequences for the content. There are no more space for glasses and plates than necessary and everything suits tightly.
- Ergonomics:The main shape is the line drew by glasses. Its being multiplied in Pickwine design several times. Glasses are made of heavy plexi-glass well emulating the glass, what eliminates its breaking apart.. Their lower part, the footer is the complementation for the higher concave part, so they can be put touching each other.The bottle of wine is to be placed at the very bottom of basket, working as a pivot point that allows the basket to be opened at straight angle.Small plates have a whole in them that allows attach the glass to them, such solution helps to maintain one hand always free.
- One big plate separates the part where glasses and wine bottle is deposed from the part with picnic nutrition. It is in exact middle of basket, working also as a lid for smaller container. Its removable and thanks to its plain backside its easy to be set aside.The Pickwine is thought to diminish the amount of plastic used in production. It has three containers. The biggest one is composed of five sides of basket and of sixth, separating plate. The mid container shares the lid with the biggest and the smallest container is separated by small plates. The thicker volume of plastic is used to cover thermal isolation amid glasses and the bottle.Edges of plates and edge of the footer in the glass are the multiplication of the same shape, what let the plates and the glass to be attached to the Pickwine by inserting the edge inside one of three chinks.The Pickwine is universal, shape for the wine bottle comes as a result of analysis of several commonly found wines, from about 8€ to about 30€.
- Glasses are designed to meet conditions for red and white wine consumption. They took the majority of time spend on designing.