- House city-wall is located in the historical center of Sevilla, just in the heart of Santa Cruz neighbourhood, and close to the Sevilla Cathedral, the Sevilla Real Alcazar, etc…
From the 11th Century to the present, the house has been constructed by different historical layers:
- The city-wall of the main facade from the 11th century.
- The patio and the stone pillars, from the XVIII century
- The general arabic structure of the house formed by the hallway, the corridor and the patio.
The House City-Wall interprets the context.
Situation Plan. The Abd al Aziz is closed to the house and part of the same city-wall.
Location Plan with the three defensive towers of the Alcazar of Sevilla: La Torre del Oro (dodecagon), la Torre de la Plata (octagon) y la Torre de Abd al Aziz (hexagon)
The typology of the house is really particular: it is permeable.
It has got two facades and the inner patio.
The project emphasize the main historical and typologycal parts of the house.
- The “city-wall”.
The project works form the outside to the inside, like a reflected light from the “city-wall”.
- - The “lattices”.
The latices are an important part of the arab tradition. In the project, the lattices work like a translucent material that blur the limits of the spaces.
- - The “patio”.
We recover the energetic condition of the patio. With the “macequia” and the mobile system that close the patio we emphasized its bioclimatic behavior
- - The “macequia” (Spanish Acronym between flowerpot (MACEta) and irrigation ditch (aceQUIA)
The tradition of all the Sevilla patios are linked to the vegetation and the water. The “macequia” recovers all these elements.
- - The “corridor”.
The corridor is a typologycal element that allows circulation arround the patio. We recover the corridor like the main circulations parts of the house.
- - The “corridor”.
- - The “parapet”.
The parapet is the fantastic defensive space located in the upper part of the city wall. We recover the old stair that connected the house with the roof through the parapet.
- Company / Firm Name: nodo17-architects/ Manuel Pérez Romero Country: Spain
Project Name: HOUSE CITY-WALL
Location of Site: Avenida de la Constitución 19, 41004. SEVILLA
Design Team: Félix Toledo Lerín
Jaime Tarazona Lizarraga
Luis del Rey Cristóbal
PROJECT TYPE: REMODELLING AND REHABILITATION OF THE BUILIDING.
Single Family House.
Site Area: 200 sm
Built-up Area: 600 sm
Date of completion: Under Construction