- Famous eyes
crisscrossing line portraits of famous people
- It all started with an experimental portrait of Ben Kingsley. I used different media on canvas. First I made the drawing with dry pastel. When I started fixating it vanished?!
Now the drawings are directly made with oil pastels on an acrylic prepared canvas. I use the positive as well as the negative space. Meaning the space you don't fill in is as important as the space you color in.
- Ben Kingsley, first trial 60X60CM
- Ben Kingsley, second version
- Ben Kingsley final version
- Adrian Brody Oil pastel on canvas 40X40CM
- Mathias Schoenaerts - Belgian actor Oil pastel on canvas 70X100CM
- Daniel Craig Oil pastel on canvas 60X140CM
- Damiel Craig detail