- Last week (november 23rd 2012) i finished my 1 year internship at MStech. Most of the time i spent working there was dedicated to this here project. Unfortunately, i can't deliver a lot of information about it (as well as it's real name) because it's still a work in progress, one that unfortunately i won't be working on anymore. I learned a lot with it and the small group that i worked with was also very dedicated and a lot of effort was put into it. I also thank for the trust that was put into me and i feel like i played an important part into it.
Now, about the project itself, it started in the end of 2011 as a MMORPG proposal, but it quickly changed to a game social network where users would be able to play minigames and interact with each other. The "Small World" interface was the solution we found to put it all together and to keep it fun and intuitive. All that follows in this project were parts i worked on. Many of them are still needing polishing to the final result, but it was as far as we came while i was still working there.
- The idea of the world division was based on the four elements: Earth, Wind, Water and Fire. Users would be able to navigate through the four different peoples and play minigames and missions related to the story of the world. There are also two neutral islands that work as communal spaces on the social network.
- These are some early concepts we delivered in the beginning of 2012. I was responsible on shaping the world and other interface screens concepts. After that, the project remained untouched until the mid of the year.
- In August we were then summoned to start working full-time on this project once more. I was again responsible for the "World", but now i had to model it in a functional way for animation. I modelled, textured, animated and light rigged the world. Some test renders can be seen below (The "Day" renders still had no waves. The night ones are more recent) and a little test video we made in mid-september.
- One of the nice things about this "Social network" is that you can actually enter the world and navigate through it. We thought of some panoramical street views and monuments that would keep things interesting and yearning for exploration. Most of the houses were modelled by my friend and colleague Joaquim Rodrigues. I was then asked to texture them.
- The following are "Monuments" of each people. I only modelled the Tree monument, but textured and animated all of them.
- The streetview we had rendered so far was the "Water City". Things were put together by Joaquim Rodrigues, who did an excellent work at composition and modelling. I helped him out with some tips and Matte Painted the background. I also did all the retouching and post-production work of the image.
- This working interface simulation was the last thing I worked on in this project. Some little bugs can be noticed and things didn't stay as sharp as i would have wished too, but I had quite a limited time to work with it, so i'm pretty satisfied with what came out. I modelled, textured and animated everything.
If you liked this project, please, Aprecciate it =}