- Work from Whole Foods Market
Projects done while working as a Store Graphic Artist
- Below is a compilation of projects done while working for Whole Foods Market as a Store Graphic Artist. Over the course of the last six years, this unique role had me applying my unique design perspective to in-store materials for events and chalk boards for the preeminent brand in organic and natural foods. Duties included :
Creating signage for all departments, adhering to proper graphic & font standards,
Following all regional signage graphic standards, guidelines & procedures,
Creating flyers and other marketing materials as needed, within regional graphic guidelines, and
Illustrating chalkboards for display in departments.
- At my most recent store, in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City, I was in charge of all of the materials for the weekly, in-store, tasting event, "Saturday Smackdown." Departments took a different theme ingredient each week and competed with their own recipes for customer votes. The event always brought in higher customer traffic, and the teams became very competitive at producing tasty dishes with ingredients as varied as melon, dates, even vegan-only options!
Marketing collateral included table display signage and recipe cards for each of the competing teams' dishes. These were produced very week on a tight turnaround timeline, with recipes often changing last minute. I varied the look from week to week, to keep the even fresh, while maintaining Whole Foods Market graphic standards.
- Beer tasting events were also a very popular occasion for in-store events. Below are examples of table top signage that displayed the lengthy descriptions of flavor and variety for each of the brews on offer.
- For special announcements, often a handout or insert was created to call out the opening of a new store, or to bring attention to a new in-store venue, such as a gelato bar.
- At my previous store, there was a more significant focus on marketing to the community through in-store events and classes, since the location and the company were new to the area. These are events calendars highlighting the happenings in-store for the month.
- Chalkboard illustration was also a major part of the workflow for the role as Store Graphic Artist. Below are some examples of hand-lettered and illustrated chalkboards, which were displayed in departments.
- Portfolio available for download, click here.