- For the past few years Woodford Reserve has held a cocktail competition to find the best takes on the classic Manhattan cocktail. We designed all of the promotional elements for the program but also thought that it would be great for consumers to have a screen printed poster to take with them.
Co-worker jake Houvenagle was designing the poster and working with All Along Press to print them, and sent me a text while I was traveling for work. "Hey, can you do that fancy thing where you get on an airplane and when you land you have an illustration?" So out came the iPad and using Adobe Ideas I created the illustration of the bottle he used in the design.
- Below are a couple screengrabs of the illustration on the iPad.
- And these are photos of the actual poster after we got them all in. All Along did a fantastic job considering there were 20 cities and a finale. The posters were a big hit and are hard to get now.
- Below is a video Brian Cummings was putting together about All Along Press. They talk a bit about their shop and screen printing and just happen to be working on this poster during the shoot. Really nice piece to go along with this case study.
- The design was used online for the promotion as well, including getting to vote on your favorite bartender's recipe and even entering in a home mixology contest to create your own Woodford Reserve Manhattan.