Nearly complete. I recently added the metal skeleton, which will hold the wood pieces in place. The left side is polished to completion, while the right side is still raw metal. I still have a few pieces I need to cut, and then the Robot will be finished!
The original Robot design was actually the result of an unusual installation class I took abroad. After playing with a couple forks and a sink drain, I realized it looked like a dubious little creature and slowly started building my idea from there.
Detail image of one of the wooden legs of my robot.
Another detail of a wooden leg for my steampunk robot.
One of the many wooden cones that makes up one of the robot's legs. I initially built a cardboard structure, then adhered the balsa wood on top. For the metal tip, I used pop cans nailed down with sewing needles.
For more information, or to view additional projects, feel free to visit my personal website: