- The Church of the Advent of Christ the King Church Site
The Church of the Advent of Christ the King Church Site is the central hub of information for the small San Francisco based Episcopalian parish.
This site adapted the content from the original version and updated it to be completely dynamic, integrated, and incorporated many of the features of the Drupal platform for extended functionality throughout the site.
How is the Church of the Advent of Christ the King Church Site Using Drupal?
- Book Club - Parishioners are invited to take part in the Advent Book Club which meets every month. Through the site, visitors can see what book will be featured for the current month, what book will be featured the following month, and what books have previously been discussed.
- Content Editing with Moderation – The site is maintained by multiple people with various roles for updating and adding content to the site. This series of roles and responsibilities ensures that all content must be approved by the parish rector before it appears on the site. This allows all content to be reviewed within the parish with the ability to roll-back to earlier versions of content as well.
- Ministries Management - The Church of the Advent offers many ministries and outreach groups which are managed through the site. Each group has a brief description along with the contact details for the interested parishioners.
- Newsletter Archiving - Two newsletters are maintained by the Church of the Advent: one for weekly announcements (the Orb) and one for monthly announcements (the Sceptre). Both are featured and archived on the site for easy access.
- Service and Event Scheduling - The Church of the Advent has services every day along with monthly meetings for religious education, book club discussions, and more. All of the events that take place at the church are consolidated into a single calendar so visitors can see at a glance what is occurring throughout the month.