- We Bake Bread
Brand Creation & Type Design
- The objective of this project was to create a brand that would be selling a specific product and place it in a retail environment as its own entity. The brand would be specific to that retail store and would have its own in-store display. I created a company called We Bake Bread.
- For Christmas, I recieved this lovely ceramic bread baker. I immediately fell in love with it. I swooned not only over the colors but the idea of making my own bread. When this project came up, it was obvious what product I wanted to sell, my ceramic bread baker. Then came the challenge of creating the brand for it.Let me give you a little background to this little hypothetical company I created. It was established by a women in her early thirties. She grew up in the country and her mother would make homemade bread every night for dinner, using nothing more than her ceramic bread baker. This women grew up learning the secrets of bread baking and the most precious thing given to her when she left her mothers home was one of the ceramic bread bakers. She mastered her skills in college and decided to open up this little company. The company was to reflect her country background. It is targeted towards women ages 20 to 35, the Pinterest lovers, and DIY gurus. This is important because the same people that want to create things themselves compared to buying them are the people that are going to want to make their own bread compared to buying a loaf at the store.
- The logo created for We Bake Bread. The font was specifically created for the brand.
- This is the retail display created for the brand. It would house not only the bread baker, but other things you may need or want later down the road. From things like cook books, specific ingredients, cutting boards, rolling pins, and mixes. The mixes would come in mason jars that would have all of the dry ingredients you would need to make more complex breads, such as rosemary lemon, or cranberry orange.
- These are tags that would be hanging off of the jar mixes. One side of the tag would have an image of the bread it creates and the other side would be more of a lifestyle image that relates to the consumer.
- The inside of the mix tags above.
- This is the packaging for the bread baker itself. It's designed to fit perfectly into the baker. The back has a brief explanation of what a the product is and a simple, but delicious bread recipe.
- This is the cover of a cook book created for We Bake Bread.
Copy: Out of my mothers kitchen came many things; a taste for the country, memories caked with flour, but most importantly, good bread. Growing up, as I kicked off my tired shoes from long days of hard play and washed my sun kissed hands, I was welcomed by the unmistakable aroma of bread. Once I left my mothers house, all I took from that kitchen were memories and a well loved ceramic bread baker.
I’ve never lost my love for bread, or the secrets of bread baking my mother past down to me. These recipes are too delicious to keep to myself and these potential memories are too sweet not to share. Break bread often, and always with loved ones.
- Lastly, a web page layout.