Watercolor Tale Illustrations
- Behance.netProject Featured On:Behance.net — 6/13/12
- These illustrations were created for my graduation project «Sweet Store of Madam Agnesa».It is a fairy tale on adventures of a little boy Orest and his friend, fox Pylad in a magic kingdom.The artworks were done with traditional materials — pencil and watercolor on paper.
One copy of the book was self-published.
- It all started with sketches like this. Below you can find some images of works in progress as well.
- Real size of most illustrations is close to A2 paper format.
- I used some traditional Ukrainian motives in main characters’ clothing, mixing them with European ancient dresses.
- Also I created original drop caps to unite illustrations and text design of the book.